Zedd Presents WELCOME! Fundraising Concert, All Profits to Benefit the ACLU

Starting as a call-to-action on Twitter , multi-platinum, GRAMMY award-winning artist/DJ/producer Zedd has organized WELCOME!, a fundraising concert benefitting the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU). Today, Zedd announced the first phase the lineup (again Twitter), including fellow artists and activists Halsey,… Continue Reading

Share Button

This Skream mix from 2005 is a compelling look at dubstep's early days [Stream] – Dancing Astronaut

It goes without saying that dubstep existed in a very different form in the years before heavily redefined the genre to American audiences in 2010. Indeed, one the genre’s earliest pioneers was England’s very own , though the dubstep progenitor… Continue Reading

Share Button

Seth Troxler to headline MATTE's new iteration of BLACK in Mexico City – Dancing Astronaut

The creative power house behind Full Moon Music Festival and BLACK NYC, MATTE, announced they will bring a new iteration BLACK to Mexico City in March 2017. Established in 2013, BLACK is a unique experience that transcends the limits a single artistic medium.… Continue Reading

Share Button

Dreamstate appears to be hosting a trance stage at EDC Vegas 2017 – Dancing Astronaut

Insomniac owner recently Pasquale Rotella dropped an easter egg sorts into his Snapchat story, which revealed a major development for the event company’s cornerstone Las Vegas festival: a trance stage run by . Rotella had initially foreshadowed the stage’s entrance into… Continue Reading

Share Button

Madison Square Garden pays $181 million for majority stake in TAO – Dancing Astronaut

Home the New York Rangers and Radio City Rockettes, Madison Square Garden has acquired a reported $181 million stake (62.5%) in hospitality and nightlife group TAO, leaving TAO co-founders Marc Packer, Rich Wolf, and Noah Tepperberg with the remaining 37.5%.… Continue Reading

Share Button

Ten Up-And-Coming Experimental Labels to Watch in 2017

10.  I found More Creativity Records yesterday, after I had most this list planned out, but I was so impressed that I found it vital to include. Founded by , the New York label is just a year old, but it… Continue Reading

Share Button

Purporangejuice – Lotus (Original Mix) – Dancing Astronaut

Inspired by the sacred symbolism the lotus flower, Pasadena producer, Purporangejuice steps into experimental territory in his debut release with . Purporangejuice explores his sonic palette with “Lotus”, flaunting his creative sensibility in producing a future bass hit. Through the… Continue Reading

Share Button

DA Premiere: Rain Man & Krysta Youngs – Habit (Morgan Page Remix) – Dancing Astronaut

Rain Man had another hit on his hands upon releasing “Habit” with Krysta Youngs on Dim Mak. The single has catalyzed a multitude remixes, one which comes from the prolific . The commercial house maverick uses an intriguing combination sounds in… Continue Reading

Share Button

WATCH: Nancy Pelosi Calls Comrade Trump Flunky Steve Bannon A White Supremacist

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi stated the obvious today (Feb. 2). She described Comrade Trump’s senior advisor Steve Bannon as exactly what he is—a white supremacist. Reports The Hill: Where is the lie? We call them lies around here—not alternative… Continue Reading

Share Button

This Friday, Stand with Bandcamp in Support of Immigrants/Basic Human Values

Like 98% U.S. citizens (including the President), I am the descendant immigrants—my great-grandparents came to America from Russia and Lithuania as teenagers and worked in sweatshops until they were able to afford to bring the rest their families over. Most… Continue Reading

Share Button