New York, NY – New York Police Department’s Assistant Commissioner Peter Donald shed some light on the situation involving Cardi B and NYPD ficers. According to TMZ, Donald said the NYPD conducted a full investigation into Cardi’s alleged chokehold incident on Tuesday night (September 19) and they found no evidence to support her claims.
Donald explained that commanders in each precinct around the Columbus Circle area in New York City, where the alleged altercation occurred, looked into all records and area surveillance video and came up empty handed. They claim no pro exists the “Bodak Yellow” rapper was put in a chokehold or slammed up against her Bentley SUV.
Cardi tweeted about the incident the day it happened, but quickly deleted it.
“I can’t believe this cop put me on a choke hole just now shit is crazy these NY cops don’t know how to do they job FUCK 12,” she wrote.
The NYPD is reportedly asking Cardi to come forward, but until then, the department has its doubts the incident ever went down.
Cardi’s boyfriend, Migos rapper Offset, said on video that she called him shortly after it happened and he thought she was initially joking, but soon realized she was serious.
So far, Cardi nor anyone from her team has spoken out about it since the Love & Hip Hop: New York star’s tweet.